Architecture :: Academics
Credit Hour and Duration
Minimum 178 credit hours ( Duration 5 years approximately) for regular students.
- Minimum CGPA of 2.5 in SSC and HSC (or equivalent examinations) separately. Candidates must have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at SSC (or equivalent examinations).
- Minimum CGPA of 3 in O level and A level examinations separately, where letter grade A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, AND E=1. Candidates must have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at O levels.
- International Baccalaureate or U. S. High School Diploma
- Other 12 years equivalent degree (must have the equivalence certificate from Ministry of Education)
- Engineering Students must have Math and Physics in their H.S.C. with at least B grade.
Department of Architecture of WUB follows a letter grading system as prescribed by the UGC (University Grants Commission), Bangladesh and the grades A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, and D are considered passing grades. While, grade ‘F’ is the failing grade. The numerical equivalent of grades with meaning of each grade is given below:
|Less than 40||0.00||F|
- The minimum passing grade from 1st semester to 2nd is CGPA 2 from 2nd to 3rd semester is CGPA 2.25 and from 3rd semester to rest of the semester need to secure 2.50 CGPA.
- The overall performance of a student will be expressed in terms of Cumulative Grade Point Average or CGPA
- A student may sit for retake examination in maximum of two courses in a semester
- The minimum CGPA required for award of degree is 2.50 (C+)
The following abbreviations are used to indicate the status of a student in respect of a course:
W= Course Withdrawn
The grade ‘I’ may be assigned by a faculty at the end of a semester to designate incomplete work in a course. It should be used only when a student is unable to complete requirements of the course because of unavoidable circumstances. The grade ‘I’ is to be removed as soon as possible but no later than 3 weeks from the beginning of next semester. At the end of deadline the faculty must submit the final grade or this is automatically converted into ‘F’ grade.